To listen to the podcast, either click on the mp3 player below OR click on "LISTEN TO EPISODE 27" to open a media player on your desktop. You can also check us out on iTunes!
Powered by Podbean.com
LISTEN TO EPISODE 27
What we mentioned this week:
- We featured The City by Sarah Harmer
- Up Close & Personal with Colleen Brown @ Glenora Bistro on August 20th. Get your E-TICKETS! 8:30pm and tickets are $20 in advance.
- Annual Art Show @ St. Joseph's Hospital on August 20th. 10707 - 29 Ave The art show is from 10:30pm - 3:30pm. Free to browse & refreshments!
- Edmonton Latin Festival in Churchill Square this Saturday & Sunday 11am - 7pm. The festival is free! For more info go to their website.
- Jesse Dee & Jacquie B @ the Haven Social Club with Faye Blais & Aurora Jane – E-TICKETS 7:30pm $15 in advance.
- Lora Jol @ Jeffrey's Cafe & Wine Bar 8pm $10 @ the door.
- Randy Graves with Mars & Venus @ Wooly Bully’s @ 6pm.
- Saturday night Garden Variety @ Carrots Community Arts Coffee House OPEN MIC. Free! Starts @ 7pm.
- Hair of the Dog with Renegade Kid @ the Black Dog Freehouse early free show @ 4pm.
- National Youth Orchestra of Canada is playing @ the Winspear Centre 7:30pm This is a FREE PERFORMANCE at the Winspear! For more information go to their website.
~*~*Daneel's Fringe Theatre Spotlight~*~*
Ladyvision at the Transalta Arts Barns with Jill Pollock.
Grimmer than Grimmer than Grimm at La Cite Francophone.
Happily Ever After? at The Telus Building.
For more information visit the Fringe Theatre's Website.
This week we featured Jeff Stuart. Jeff plays with his band called the Hearts which is made up of Gavin Dunn, Dwayne Martineau, Chris Quesnel, Tim Resaul, and Michelle Sabourin. Jeff describes his sound as roots-pop. Other than playing the Folk Fest, Jeff was part of the TransCanada Alberta Music Series in Calgary at the EPCOR Centre for Performing Arts in March and Jeff recently represented the band at NXNE in June in Toronto.
"It's elegant, sophisticated, daring, and brilliantly creative, but more than anything, just as the band's name suggests, this music is indeed from the heart." -CKUA Presents: Alberta Discoveries, September, 2009
We featured Jeff's song Hold Out off his album Black Dog Blue Giants.
We'd love to hear from you, so please twitter us, facebook us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Until next time! xo